Gate for PE would contain questions of two different types:
1. Multiple Choice Questions: Carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
2. Numerical Answer Type Questions: Carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions. Your keyboard will be disabled.
The Exam for PE has 3 sections
|1||General Aptitude||15 Marks|
|2||Engineering Mathematics||15 Marks|
|3||Petroleum Engineering||70 Marks|
1. General Aptitude – There will be 5 questions carrying 2 marks & 5 questions carrying 1 mark each making a total of 15 marks. Our study says that out of 15 marks of general aptitude, 9 marks are for analytical & 6 marks for language. So we recommend you to study and make a good hold on English language as well.
2. Engineering Mathematics – There will be 5 questions carrying 2 marks & 5 questions carrying 1 mark each making a total of 15 marks.
3. Petroleum Engineering – There will be 25 questions carrying 2 marks & 20 questions carrying 1 mark each making a total of 70 marks. Depending upon the importance of these topics in Oil & Gas industry 70 Marks are tentatively distributed as follows.
Note on Negative Marking for Wrong Answers – For a wrong answer chosen for the multiple choice questions, there would be negative marking. For 1-mark multiple choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark multiple choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions.